NEW DELHI/BAHRAICH (UP): Police reported on Friday that two young brothers perished in a village in UP’s Bahraich district while they were asleep in their home, as a fire ignited from a candle engulfed their room.
The tragic incident occurred in Behda village, situated within the jurisdiction of the Bondi police station, on the night of Thursday.
According to law enforcement officials, the two siblings, Shani (5) and Satya (7), were in their slumber when a lit candle in their room toppled, igniting a devastating fire.

Woman, 5 kids die in house fire in UP village

Upon witnessing the smoke, local residents swiftly raised the alarm and made valiant efforts to extinguish the blaze, as reported by authorities.
Police have disclosed that both young boys, who were discovered unconscious, were promptly rushed to a hospital for medical treatment.
Tragically, they succumbed to their injuries on the way to the hospital.

The incident transpired at a time when the head of the household had left to participate in an aarti ceremony at a nearby Durga Puja pandal, while his wife was resting in another room with their newborn child.

Station house officer (SHO) Anjani Kumar Rai informed the press that the tragic demise of the two children was a result of the house fire.
The police have taken custody of the bodies of the two children and have subsequently arranged for a post-mortem to be conducted.
Rai added that the case is currently under investigation.
With agency inputs

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *