The remote for a popular outdoor heater has been recalled over fears it could cause death or serious injury to young children.

Thermofilm Heatstrip heaters have been found to have been sold with remotes that do not adequately secure button batteries, meaning they are accessible to young children.

The heaters can cost up to $850 and were sold at more than 600 stores across Australia including Bunnings, Costco, AWM Electrical and TLE Electric.

They were also sold through numerous online outlets including Temple and Webster.

“There is a risk of choking, severe internal burn injuries or death to young children if they gain access to the button/coin batteries and swallow or place them inside their body,” Product Safety Australia said in a statement.

“Severe or fatal injuries can happen in 2 hours or less.”

Australians who have purchased the heaters are urged to stop using the product and keep it out of the reach of children.

They should then contact Thermofilm to receive a replacement remote control.

For more information, consumers should contact Thermofilm by phone on 1300 014 389 or via email at

Thirteen models of Thermofilm’s Heatstrip heaters are involved in the recall:

  • THG2400BA
  • THG3200BA
  • THH2400AA
  • THH2400AR
  • THH3200AA
  • THH3200AR
  • THX2400DCR
  • THX3600DCR
  • THB2200BA
  • THB3200BA
  • TG2200RB
  • TF2200RA
  • TF3000RA
Read related topics:Bunnings

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *